CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My 5 Year Old Teenager...

DarTanion may only be 5 years old, but he acts like a teenager sometimes. Case in point:

This afternoon we were driving from Walmart to McDonalds to rent a movie (free movies from RedBox on Monday and Wednesday if you are in their text club!!!) and I was flipping thru the radio stations. The Jonas Brothers were on one of the stations singing one of the songs that is featured on Disney Channel (which is a channel we watch CONSTANTLY at our house). I changed the station and he yells at me "Turn it back! I love that song!" so I asked him who it was and he gives me this "duh mom" look and says "Jonas Brothers! Turn it back!" so I did and he started singing along. Yeah. Bad sign #1.

The Jonas Brothers (and little hottie Zac Efron)

We get to RedBox and I let him pick out a movie. He sees Camp Rock (another Disney Channel movie that has the Jonas Brothers on it). He tells me "We have to get Camp Rock! It's like totally cool!" Seriously?! He's using phrases like "Totally Cool" and using the word "Like" in sentences already? Bad sign #2.

Camp Rock Poster / Movie Cover

THEN, I let him watch Camp Rock. I was in the kitchen cleaning up after lunch and there is a song on and Joe Jonas (yeah, sad, I know their names) is teaching the camp kids a dance or something. Tanion is watching it and trying to do the dance with them. He even had a cool pose at the end. Bad sign #3. (Well, maybe not - I do like guys who can dance...)

You'd think I would understand that he's a teenager stuck in a 5 year old body. The kid does have a beautiful girlfriend who IS a teenager (14 to be exact) and anything she says is awesome or cool or whatever, he will agree. 5 year old boys shouldn't "love" to watch Hannah Montana. But he thinks it's funny because Shandy watches it.

Tanion and Shandy - True Young Love

Man. Look out world. When this kid IS a teenager, we're all in trouble. :)

1 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

THAT is absolutely hilarious. Makes me worried about Darcy when she reaches 5. She's already a drama queen at 2. And she's going to grow up and be a killer drop-dead gorgeous blonde - or brunette - take your pick. I mean, look at Adam. Sigh.

Should I say your son gets it from the parents???? (silent laughter)