CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Never Ending Story...

When I was younger, one of my most favorite movies was The Never Ending Story. It was awesome to me (probably because I loved reading) that a boy could read a book and be brought into this other world. Escape the reality around him and go into this other land. Have exciting adventures and be the hero. Loved it. I guess that's why I like reading. It's an escape from my reality. (By the way, only a month to go for the last book in the Twilight series! :)

So what is MY "Never Ending" story?

Wake up earlier than I would like. Dishes, laundry, wiping bums, changing diapers, getting 3 kids dressed - more than once, usually. Making bottles, keeping boys from killing each other (and themselves), shutting doors to all rooms that Robyn might enter. Cleaning up the front room then my room then the boys room - repeat. Sweeping, moping, vacuuming, cleaning the fridge, wiping off the counters, making beds. Cook, cook, cook, McDonalds! Pay bills, balance checkbook, run errands, shop for groceries, take pictures, watch "Playhouse Disney" - repeat. Summer camp, play group, social group, relief society, church. Try to shower, try to do hair, try to do makeup, try to take a nap, try to do some scrap crap. Blog.

Yep. Life of a mom. I do all of that and I would still rather be here than at work.

2 comments:

Me said...

I know how you feel, just reading it all makes me feel exhausted.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Our job is definitely overrated as easy. "Oh, you stay at home!? That must be so nice and relaxing." Hah! Boy, do I have news for those people. I'm not as busy as you, but I feel your business, stress, and exhaustion. Wow. More kids equals less time for you. But it's worth it!