CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh, Christmas Tree!

If you read my "Mandy Things" blog (specifically this one), you might have noticed that I'm feeling the Christmas Spirit. Just a little. For Family Home Evening tonight, we put up our pre-lit Christmas Tree and colored Christmas Pictures. It was a lot of fun.

So, tonight, after getting the kids 'to bed' - which means locked in their bedroom til they fall asleep - I decided to make cupcakes for my niece Kaylee's birthday tomorrow while listening to Christmas Music, compliments of the satelight... DarTanion was insistent that he was starving to death, so I let him come out for a cheese sandwich. Then I noticed that he only did 1 page of his homework. He still had 2 pages left. SO, while he did homework, I finished cupcakes and loaded the dishwasher and did my normal 'bedtime' routine of house work. I checked his homework when he was done and it looked fine, so I told him to head to bed.


Well, this wasn't what I meant, but I don't blame him. I'd rather sleep under the lighted but not yet decorated Christmas Tree while listening to Christmas music, too. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

cute. Hope Kaylee has a wonderful birthday.
You are nicer than I was with my children. Abbi kept asking for music, and well I just didn't have any to give her. I just kept following her back to her bed about fifty times.

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

What cute posts! I love reading about what you've been up to. What a great FHE activity. Thanks for filling me in on the KSL info--I've added you're Mandy's Things to my following so I can keep up to date with all your info. Hope everything goes better for you and your family--one of my quotes is, "If God brings you to it He'll bring you through it." I don't know I've just always loved this thought it always helps me a lot. Hope it helps you and know we're thinking of you!