CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th Celebrations...

Our family has had
a GREAT weekend!

Provo is BIG on celebrating our country's Independence. They have a whole wonderful festival about it! :) And this year I had PLANNED on being more involved in the activities and doing more things, but we still only did a few.

On Saturday, I woke up early and woke up the boys and took them down to the Balloon Festival. We're talking Hot Air Balloons at 6:30am. Jeremiah was off for the holiday (YAY!) so I let him and Robyn sleep. My boys LOVE hot air balloons, so it was a bunch of "I love this one!" and "I love that one!" DarTanion liked the "American Flag" balloons while Archer liked the "Piggy" and the "Bad Case of Stripes" balloons (Bad Case of Stripes is one of Archer's favorite books). Of course, I forgot my camera, but I had my phone. The quality of pictures isn't as great, but we still got some!!

Tanion pretending to be asleep... :)

After watching the Balloons, we went to Krispy Kreme and paid WAY too much money for 2 dozen donuts and headed home. We ate some donuts, got Daddy and Robyn dressed for the day and headed down the street to the Freedom Festival Parade. We saw our friends the Showgren family and the Miller family. We hung out with them and watched LOTS of bands playing and some pretty floats and some big balloons. I DID remember my camera for the parade! :)

Wonder Woman... My favorite 'float' :)
Everyone cheered and clapped for the Missionaries...
They seemed to be the most liked 'float'... :) Only in Provo! :)
Twitch's older brother??? :)
Heber Pride, yo! :)
Remember my post on Singing in the Rain?
THAT'S (David Smith) COSMO!!! :)

After the parade, we ate more donuts and we all took an afternoon nap (which was so needed and so great!) Then we went to a super fun barbeque at our backyard neighbor's (the Rohrbach's) house. It was a lot of fun! They had kiddy pools set up, some kid sized tables, a tent and toys and lots of chairs for the parents to sit and visit. Again, forgot my camera, but had my phone, so not as great of pictures, but we still have pictures.


After the fun barbeque, we all hopped over the fence to our backyard and we lit off our group's fireworks. The kids had fun with sparklers and the guys (mostly our neighbor Lance and Jeremiah) had fun with the fire. :) It was really funny to watch Lance do his fire dance. :) We teased Lance that a member of the Bishopric probably shouldn't be doing fire dances... :)

Alex, Tanion, Brielle, Hyrum
The Rohrbach's + Mary :)
Mary and the Miller'sMelissa and the Dome's
The Gwilliam's
Yeah, he spit on it until it went out... Gross...
Beautiful Candice and precious little Drexton

Pyros...
Lance doing his 'fire dance' :)

After the store bought fireworks
were all gone, the Rohrbach family, Dome Family and me and the boys headed across the street to the baseball field to watch the Stadium of Fire Fireworks. :) It rained for a split second, but it wasn't anything too big. We watched the kids (there were a total of 9 there between the 3 families, but 2 of them were infants) run around with glow necklaces until the Stadium of Fire fireworks started. :) It was fun because you couldn't see the little faces, just glowing necklaces and bracelets running around. :) Sorry, none of my pictures from that turned out... :)

I can honestly say that it was a great day. Our whole little family had a great time taking it easy and enjoying our freedom.

Thank you to those who have or are currently fighting for our freedom!!!

3 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

WOW! Holy pictures! This is so awesome. Thanks for sharing! One of these years I'm going to get up early and go to that balloon show. :)

rachel and brady said...

Looks like you guys had a very fun and busy holiday! Love your pics. Do you mind if I add you to my blog list?!

Ian&Tausha said...

Love the pics, looks like you guys had a good 4th! :o)