CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Big Boy is 6...

Today is DarTanion's 6th Birthday.
And that makes me sad.

You see, my little guy ISN'T so little anymore.

My little guy who used to get hiccups and make my tummy bounce, is always bouncing around the house on his own now. My little guy who used to scoot around on the floor and wiggle his bum at you when music was on, now tries out his latest 'breakdancing' moves to music. My little guy has graduated not only Preschool, but Kindergarten too!

It makes me sad to see him grow up so quickly. I want to make him stop and turn back into that little baby boy who would sleep between Jeremiah and I. I want to be able to wake up to his little smiley face that is ready to play with me. And hear his little giggle and his mumblings of "mommy" and not the yell of "MOM!"

But it has been a fun journey. Watching him be SO good at sports. Seeing him be a good BIG brother to his little brother and sister. Helping him understand reading and math and why bugs have more legs than we do. :) Listening to him as he excitedly tells me how he won a new board on Lego Star Wars. Noticing little changes that are happening all the time as he turns into a little man - and a lot like his Dad!


So a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to my big little man today. And tomorrow, I shall probably post all of the pictures from the totally awesome Star Wars Party that he just HAD to have... :)

0 comments: