CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Star Wars Party!!!

I have to say that the

Star Wars Party was a success! :)

DarTanion wanted a "Star Wars Party" for his 6th birthday, so yesterday we had 16 kids (if you include mine) over for his party (a few are missing from the group shot because they came a little late...) We decided that if we invited all of our little friends brothers and sisters as well, that we would have over 24 kids and I just couldn't afford that, but I felt really bad that we couldn't have all the little friends over... Pretty much everyone we invited showed up (which is awesome).

I had made a Pool-Noodle Light Saber and a brown felt tunic for each of the kids that were supposed to be at the party. :)


We played different games with a Star Wars Theme...

Pin the Saber on YODA
I loved when they were TOTALLY off base. :)

Once the kids helped YODA with his Light Saber, they were awarded with their own (made out of a pool noodle and electrical tape) - which they immediately started beating Jeremiah with... :) It was awesome. :)

Then they had to walk down the HALLWAY OF DOOM. We placed pieces of wood, pillows and other stepping stones down our hallway and the kids had to make it down the hallway without stepping on the carpet (which was made of lava). Oh yeah, scary stuff. :)

Then they beat Jeremiah some more...

Then I gave each of the kids a balloon with a piece of paper in it. 2 of the pieces had a picture of Lego Princess Leia. They had to pop their balloon by sitting on it to "Rescue Princess Leia"... Our winners were Dante and Alex! :) You Go Little Jedi! :)


Then of course, they beat Jeremiah again. :)

seriously, it was my favorite part - and Jeremiah's too!
He's such a good Dad! :)

After Jeremiah had another good beating, we tried to calm the kids down before their parents came. We did it the same way we did as they arrived and we waited for the rest of the friends to come - we watched Star Wars: The Clone Wars from Cartoon Network (thank you, person who invented the DVR!) We invited our little guests' families (and Tanion's grandparents and aunts and uncles) to come join us for cupcakes and ice cream at 5:30pm. I had planned a little "Jedi Graduation" ceremony complete with Jedi Certificates, but we ran out of time, so I just gave the kids their medal and certificate at the end... :)

(NOTE: I have NO idea how to upload the certificate, so if anyone else does, let me know and I will post the invite, the sign on our door that welcomed the kids, and the certificate because they are awesome!)


Tanion opened his presents when people had arrived and everyone had some cupcakes and ice cream. :) He would hold up each present and make sure I took a picture before he put it down. :) SO WELL TRAINED!!! :) I'm not posting all of them, but notice how the kids just get in SUPER close to the birthday boy? :) LOVE IT!

my cute little neighbor baby! :)


I didn't get a picture of the cupcakes (Funfetti cake with GREEN Frosting), but some had some little Green Yodas or some little Red Darth Vaders on them. They were called "Thumb Wrestling Jedis". :) But here is a picture of his cake that some of his birthday presents ended up on. They got pushed WAY DOWN in the chocolate. I was informed that it was a 'sinking sand' cake... We didn't do the cake til it was just our family and like 9:30pm!!!

MY BIG BOY!!!

It was a great party and a great day. DarTanion got TONS of Star Wars things and some other equally cool gifts. We told him that the day AFTER his birthday that we would take him out for lunch where ever he wanted, so I guess I'm heading to a restaurant with a playland for lunch today! :)

THANKS TO EVERYONE
WHO MADE HIS DAY
SUPER SPECIAL!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

2 comments:

Beeno said...

Mandy these pics made me laugh my face off! They are so cute- well done! I love the beating of Miah...those were my favorite pics :) ha ha ha! Tanion looks like he had tons of fun!

Candace said...

Looks like a fun party! Happy Birthday Tanion! What a well planned party Mom!