CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Today was a good day...

You know, sometimes it is hard being a mom. You have a million things that you want to do, but you have 3 little ones who need / want / crave your attention. Your house is always dirty. You'll get a room cleaned and move to the next, only to find that the kids have destroyed the room you just finished. Laundry is NEVER done. Beds never stay made. Not a day goes by without "MOM, he hit me!" When the husband gets home, the house is a disaster and the kids are dirty and you're ready to cry. Yep, sometimes it's hard.

But today, it was good. It seemed nice. The kids were relatively calm in the morning while watching Playhouse Disney (which I LOVE). I was able to get some dishes in the dishwasher and some laundry going. I got dressed and even got a shower! I even posted a blog about Robyn starting to crawl! I made some lunch and the kids didn't complain too much. They ate most of it. Not bad. Robyn started to get a little fussy, so I decided she needed to take a nap. Put her down and told the boys they were taking "quiet time" - they can nap or watch the movie that is on - either way, they HAVE to be quiet. While they were playing SuperHeros and watching Cars, I took a nap with Robyn. AWESOME! I got a nap in today! After naps / quiet time, we had snacks and I let the kids go outside and play. I took a blanket and just laid in the sun with Robyn and relaxed. We played for 2 hours. :) NICE. Then we went in and the boys colored while I got dinner ready. No fighting. Tanion ate all of his dinner. Archer at least tried it. Robyn ate peas and loved them. YUCK. :) They just went to bed with little fuss.

Tanion pulling a face on his bike with the bubble machine on the handles. :)

Archer in Lightning McQueen

Robyn sleeping on the blanket outside...

Today was a good day.

1 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wow. I have it easy compared to you. Although sometimes it doesn't feel that way. Sometimes I feel like a jungle gym, an entertainment center, and a restaurant all rolled into one. I'm sure it will get worse when she can actually talk.

Hmmm, two? I don't think so. Not soon, anyway!