CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm a mom... an excited mom...

This is TOTALLY a mom blog. :) All about Potty Training.... Pee, Poop, the whole shabang!

Tanion decided that he didn't want to potty train - though he showed interest at 18 months. We didn't push him. He decided on his own when he was almost 4 that he didn't want to be a "baby" anymore. YAY! So we worked with him and he was potty trained.

We have been suggesting to Archer since I started staying home that he should try and pee in the potty. NO interest whatsoever. Tanion started school and we told him that he could when he decided he was a big boy and could go to the potty. Again, no interest but every day he asked to go to school with Tanion. I decided that I needed to push it a little more if I was going to get it done before he was supposed to start school - in August. I already had him registered and paid the 1st month of tuition!

So on May 1st, I asked him if he wanted to go potty. Nope. Same as always. So I put a pullup on him. He threw SUCH a fit! He didn't want to even go that route. We took him to Walmart on Friday and he chose some Mickey Mouse underwear. Ok - he chose it. That means he will wear them. Right? Wrong. He thru a fit some more. Finally on Monday, I just put him in the underwear, showed him the little potty in the bathroom and told him that's where he needed to go pee. He peed in his underwear and I made him change it and put on new underwear. He decided to pee in the potty. YAY!!! And he would only have 2 more pee accidents. But for the life of me, he would not go poop. He pooped in his underwear the first day. I made him wash it out in the big toilet. He didn't like that too much, but seemed resigned to do it that way. So the next day, when he pooped in his underwear again, I told him that if he pooped in his underwear again that he was getting in the shower. This kid HATES the shower. I don't know if he didn't believe me or just didn't think about it, but when he pooped again, he was in the shower. I made him wash himself off and put new underwear on when he got out. I told him if he pooped again in his underwear, it was back in the shower.

He's pooped in the potty ever since.

YAY!! So I thought he would probably have night accidents. After all, Tanion still does. We put him in pullups at bedtime, but for over a week now, no accidents - day or night. I have 2 potty trained kids. Amazing. I don't think I would ever see this day come. It's a miracle.


Isn't he cute in his little boy McQueen underwear and snow boots? :)

0 comments: