CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My new obsession....

Earlier this year or late last year, Shandy (DarTanion's future wife and current babysitter) brought a book with her when she was watching the kids. She said it was the "best book" and that I should read it. It's name was "TWILIGHT"... When she started telling me about it, I made fun of her. A teenage vampire who falls in love with the new girl in town. Yep. She could read that - she is only 13. I think I'm a little to old for high school romance novels...

Then a few months later, her sister (my best friend Mandy) tells me that she is reading this book and that it's great. She doesn't read much, so that was weird... But she said that she really recommend it. She thinks I might enjoy it. I ask her the title and what it is about. Seriously? The vampire book again?

And Angie. She's the reason I am sane in Utah county. I love her. :) She asks me about the same book. "OK, I guess I'll have to read it" and I tell her about the others who have recommended it. She laughed and said it was the best book and she knew I would love it. Become addicted. Like her. Sure.... So she bought me the first book for my birthday. I looked at it a few times, but I was currently in the "self help" mode of reading material. Angie wouldn't let up. I see her about once a week and each week was - so have you read it yet and I would tell her no.

Finally, I decided to get Angie off my back. Jeremiah was going out of town Friday night so I thought I'd read a chapter or two before going to bed. Yeah... I read to page 110 and would have gone further except I noticed it was past midnight and I had to be up in the morning to take the boys to baseball. It would have to wait. Saturday I was only able to read 1 chapter before Jeremiah was ready for bed. Since Sunday was Mother's Day, I told him that i just wanted to read or sleep. That worked. I spent half the day in my bedroom reading. I finished Twilight.

So Monday I called Angie to tell her I LOVED IT - I didn't know why, but I did. She asked if I wanted the second book. HECK YES!!! So we met at McDonald's around 5pm Monday night, had ice cream and let the kids go nuts. We gushed over the books. I asked questions and she was happy to oblige my new "obsession". She gives me the second book in the series (New Moon) and I take it home.

I am afraid I wasn't much company or much of a wife and mom the last few days - reading EVERY second that I could. So um, yeah... It took me about 48 hours to finish the second book. I have to admit, my house is in shambles and I feel a little bad about it. But you know what? I want to read the next book. I don't really care about my house...

Sad... I resisted for so long...


So, if you haven't read it, I guess you would say that I kind of like it... Maybe. :)

1 comments:

Jules said...

I've been obsessed for some time now, so welcome to the club. Speaking of which, check out twilightmoms.org.