CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Day of School

It probably shouldn't be this weird to me, but it is.
I have 2 kids in Elementary school.
How does it happen so fast?!

DarTanion is a 2nd Grader and Archer is a Kindergartner. Can you believe it? My boys are big and going to school and it's just going to be me and my baby girl at home (well, until I get a job, that is!)... I guess it shouldn't be weird to me because Archer's had 2 years of Preschool at Hobble Creek Learning Center (highly recommended by me, by the way!) but for some reason, KINDERGARTEN seems like a whole new world.

Anyway, DarTanion was super excited to get back to his school and be with his friends. When I asked what his favorite part of his first day was, he said recess. (Ah, the beloved RECESS...) Second favorite was seeing his friends. Third was lunch. :)
On DarTanion's 2nd Day of (2nd Grade with Mrs. Day!) school, he informed me that he's liking his teacher more because if you bring your homework back, you get a sticker AND a gummy bear. :) Can't beat that, I suppose. He had homework the 2nd day of school...
(Tanion and our cute upstairs neighbor boy, Sean)

Archer had to do some Kindergarten testing to see what he knew on the same day as DarTanion's first day of school. He wanted to wear his backpack (which he put his stuffed animal Kitties in) and school jacket and look nice, too. :) So we got him ready and we even packed him a little snack to take along for after testing. :) The school has one full day and 2 half day Kindergarten classes. Archer wants full day because he wants "the school with lunch". I would like him to have full day because I think it would be easier / fun for him to have more time to learn and play with friends. Poor kid really does need the social skills... We should find out tomorrow who his teacher is and if he's Morning, Afternoon or Full Day Kindergarten. I'll keep you posted and take some official "first day" pictures of him on Wednesday, when Kindergarten starts. Until then, enjoy testing day pictures.

0 comments: