CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Marriage of 2 Young People - 11 Years Ago

We're not very romantic.

Our First Date - we went as friends to a girls choice dance

Jeremiah and I decided since we were still together after a year of dating and neither one of us went away to college and we were happy together that we might as well get married. It was the next logical step in our 18 year old lives.

We told our parents and they were excited at the idea. {This still baffles me. I can't imagine my 18 year old kid - that's only 11 more years for DarTanion - coming up to me and saying, "So, we're getting married!" and thinking "YAY! That's great, sweetie!" (Well, unless it was Tanion and Shandy but come on, I've been planning that since he was basically born!)} We went and picked out a ring. I can only imagine what the sales guy was thinking...

After a few date changes, we decided on September 9th to get married. It would be a cool date - 9/9/99. Except it was a Thursday. SO it got changed again. To September 11th. And the darned terrorists ruined that date few years later. Stupid Terrorists.

It was a really pretty day. Lots of people. Lots of pictures. Lots of craziness. Lots of love.

19 years old and engaged

The Bride

The Groom (and the picture of the mission bound friend)

The Wedding Line (except where is Jake?)

The Girls

Some of the Guys (where is Jed and Jake?!)
please notice my shoes! they were fabulous!

And my favorite picture(s) of the day?
The ring exchange...
Really, it's a 3 part picture.
FIRST PICTURE: We've said the vows and I'm putting the ring on Miah's finger.
SECOND PICTURE: I giggle because I realize that I put the ring on the wrong hand. :) I laugh out loud, turn to the crowd of loved ones who are watching these young kids get hitched and say - "It's the wrong hand!" and they all giggle.
THIRD PICTURE: Everyone is smiling. We're all happy. Ring is on the correct hand. I am a wife. Jeremiah is a husband.

* * * * *
Fast forward to 2010.
Because numbers are fun...

11 Years Married
12.75 Years Together
80-ish extra pounds
(between the 2 of us)
3 Rambunctious Kids
2 Cats, 1 Dog
4 / 5 places we've lived
2 trips to Disneyland, 1 to Disney World
1 Temple Sealing


Happy Anniversary, Jeremiah!
Here's to the rest of
an eternity together...


* * * * *

P.S.
I still can't believe we were so
YOUNG
when we got married!

0 comments: