CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

SEVEN.

I'm a number person. Numbers make sense to me. I like things that are a play on number... DarTanion must have known this.

On 07/08/2003, DarTanion came into this world. He weighed in at 7lbs 8oz and was born at 12:30am. Notice the numbers? He was eager to please. :)

Today, my big boy turned seven. SEVEN! Where does the time go? How does that happen so fast? Each time he has a birthday, that age seems so much older. I was okay with 5 until he was 5. I was fine with 6 until he turned 6. And now - SEVEN! Man. He's so old!


He was SUCH a cute baby. I always got compliments on what a pretty baby (and what a cute girl) with such beautiful curly blonde hair and such big eyes! I still get compliments on what a cute kid he is. I used to say that his easy going attitude and total cuteness tricked us into having another baby so quickly!

DarTanion likes blankets with bears on it. I don't know if that is because his nursery was done in bears (blue jean teddy, to be exact) or because that's something he's just decided he likes. He doesn't seem to be embarrassed about who knows that he likes blankets. He calls them Lie Bears (not sure how he would spell that!) but I'm not sure how he came up with that one!

DarTanion is a leader and a follower. He likes to be in charge with most of his friends. He likes to boss them around (which probably comes from being the oldest). But he also will choose things that his friends like even though he knows nothing about that item / toy. I'm hoping that he will be a good example and a leader to them.

DarTanion has a girlfriend (and has since he was probably 2). Shandy is the only girl in his heart and I'm a little nervous about that. Shandy turned 16 last month and is now dating. We haven't dared tell DarTanion for fear of emotional breakdown. Even though he has other friends who are girls, only Shandy melts this kid. He'll go from mach-90 to zero with one word from her. She has power. And if she's smart, she'll stick around and wait for him. :)

I know that he looks like his daddy (which is good because Jeremiah's handsome), but I like to think that there is a little me in him. I like to take a little credit for his good looks. :) Jeremiah can take his awesome sense of personal style. :)
I love my little (BIG!) Tanny-man. He's such a good boy and a great joy to our whole family. I know that he understands more than I give him credit for. I know that he knows more than I'd like him to. I know that he'll be an amazing husband / dad one day. For now, he can just be my (oldest) baby boy.

0 comments: