CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

This little birdy...

Yesterday I did some shopping (for the basement) with Jeremiah's mom, Robyn and Archer. DarTanion and Draysen wanted to stay at the house with Twitch and Jeremiah, which was TOTALLY fine with me. They played outside while we were gone and when I came home to drop off two very whiney children (Archer / Robyn), DarTanion told me he caught a real life bird. I thought maybe he found a decoration bird that LOOKED like a real bird. Then he told me it was still alive and opens his hands. Sure enough, DarTanion was holding a real life (and alive) bird! He and Draysen apparently 'caught' it outside.

"It didn't even try to fly away or anything!"
(as per DarTanion)

So I'm guessing they found a little bird that had been attacked and injured by one of the 7 cats that happen to live at our house or our neighbors house. It was a grown bird, but he was tiny!

Draysen and DarTanion wanted to keep him as a pet, so when I went downstairs to see if Jeremiah knew that the boys had a bird, they let him 'fly' behind the TV in the boys room - which happens to sit in a corner! Since the bird couldn't really fly, I think he may have had some assistance from DarTanion and / or Draysen... Jeremiah was able to move the cabinet and the TV and rescue the birdy...

We decided that the birdy missed his family and should go back outside. We let all the boys say goodbye and took the bird outside. All the kids got to pet the bird before Jeremiah put him on the fence. The bird fell off the fence, Draysen was bawling because he wanted to keep the bird as a pet and DarTanion was certain a cat would eat him. So Jeremiah picked up the bird again, took him to a shelf area on the fence, made him a bed and made the kids go inside. Birdy was gone when I got back from picking up Jeremiah's mom from Home Depot. I hope he met his birdy family and not the inside of a cat's belly... The kids were heart broken because their bird didn't come say goodbye and he hasn't came back to visit yet...

0 comments: