CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pictures of a stone...

I don't want to gross you out, but I thought I would show you what Archer's stones look like. He passed this beauty today. It's probably the one that was causing his pain on Saturday.

Today he came home from school and went to the bathroom. Jeremiah said that Archer started yelling for him to 'come here!' so Jeremiah went in to check on him. Archer said that he stopped peeing because the rock got stuck! (We told him that he needs to tell us if it really hurts to pee or if he stops peeing but he still needs to go because we didn't want it to cause an infection!)

So Jeremiah grabbed the tweezers and the sterile jar that the hospital gave us and helped get Archer's stone out... Jeremiah said part of it broke off when he was removing it but Archer was able to pee out the rest... (I know, this is probably really gross to you, but) we measured this little beauty and it's 1 cm (10 millimeters!) long and 5 millimeters wide! That's a BIG stone - especially for such a little guy! I took a picture of it next to my fingernail so you could tell about how big it is... (I mean, I was interested in what they looked like and thought maybe you would be too!)

It's almost as big as my pinky finger nail!

Good news? It was passed with no pain! The pain seems to come a few days before for him...

0 comments: